A10 Networks, a leading provider of intelligent and automated cybersecurity solutions, announced a global system integration and reseller partnership with NEC Corporation. The partnership will include the integration of A10 security products and technology into NEC 5G, Pre-5G and Network Functions Virtualisation (NFV) infrastructure systems.
As service providers plan to rapidly commercialise 5G services, they need a consolidated security and networking solution to seamlessly integrate with their existing solutions. This strategic partnership between NEC, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies, and A10 Networks will allow service providers to achieve the scale and security needed to meet the demands of 5G-infrastructure rollouts.
The partnership will provide protection from security challenges for service providers brought on by distributed open architecture, the massive influx of IoT devices, and external threats from cyber criminals to carrier networks.
“We have a long-standing history of meeting customer needs and demands through collaborating and partnering with NEC,” said Lee Chen, Founder and CEO of A10 Networks. “With the move to 5G underway, service providers across the globe are transforming their business. This means huge growth opportunities and new routes to revenue, but 5G also brings expanded security risks and service providers need to be focused on finding ways to protect their business and customers.”
“We are very excited to expand our relationship with A10 Networks,” said Shigeru Okuya, Senior Vice President at NEC Corporation. “We are always looking to provide our customers with the industry’s best solutions and this partnership will provide seamless integration of A10’s top-notch security and application networking solutions.”
Through the partnership, service providers will be able to leverage A10’s industry leading solutions, highlights include:
- 5G-GiLAN Security Consolidation – Consolidates CGNAT, GiFW, application visibility and intelligent traffic steering to provide operational efficiency, reduced latency and better security on the GiLAN.
- DDoS Protection – Enables highly scalable DDoS protection with advanced intelligent automation capabilities, powered by machine learning, to enable proactive and precise DDoS defences throughout the entire protection lifecycle.
- Application Delivery and Load Balancing – Delivers application agility, availability and acceleration solutions for critical web, application, and DNS infrastructure. The solution includes DNS and web application firewalls, and advanced traffic optimisation.
- Intelligent Traffic Steering – Subscriber-aware traffic steering to enhance new business models with differentiated service offerings for new revenue streams.
- GPRS Tunnelling Protocol (GTP) support – GTP Firewall with granular SCTP filtering defends the mobile core against GTP-based attacks initiated from RAN or GRX/IPX networks.
- Adoption of SDN/NFV – Achieve on-demand capacity with versatile software options (PNFs, VNFs, Containers and Bare Metal) across SDN/NFV environments. Supports A10 FlexPool subscription-based capacity pooling licensing model for flexible consumption.
Source: A10 Networks